Friday, March 26, 2010

Free Stuff

We have two special offers as we kick off life at our new climbing gym:

  1. Climbing will be free on Sunday March 28th. We will be open from 10am - 6pm that day. We're closing earlier than usual to help us recover from an intense week of preparation for our Tour de Bloc competition the previous day, and general craziness as we put all the finishing touches on the gym!
  2. For a limited time only, all new annual and EFT monthly memberships will include your choice of a True North Climbing T shirt or water bottle. This offer will last until our Grand Opening Celebration on April 17th, or while supplies last (whichever comes first). This offer does not apply to monthly prepaid admission.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your nice new gym and many thanks for the chance to climb there for free yesterday. I must say it was a bit of a culture shock climbing on a taped-based system--my own gym uses monochrome pieces for each route. But then in the outdoors, one has to find holds anyway. I look forward to new routes on your bouldering sections. The walk down feature at the top was truly welcoming for me. I just had knee surgery so I can't afford to jump down after tackling a bouldering problem.
    Best of luck and I hope to be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Zcorch,

    The tape-based route marking was a very clear decision for us. We want 2 routes per rope, and we did not want to limit routesetters to using holds of only one colour per route. In addition, as holds get chalky it can be hard to distinguish them by colour, especially at the top of the climbs (though we wash them every time we change routes). I am also colour-blind, and the hold colour system really doesn't work for me. That has also led me to limit the colours of tape used in the gym. You will find no purple tape (looks like blue to me) or brown tape (easily confused with red and green) in this gym.

    ReplyDelete