Friday, November 20, 2009

Making New Friends

I received a nice invitation last night, to attend the championship of the Toronto Roller Derby on Saturday evening. TORD is one of my coolest neighbours in the Downsview Park Sports Centre. I attended one of their bouts (yes, bouts!) earlier this season with my son, and we had a great time. The women have cute (and not entirely family-friendly) nicknames, but the action is serious and rough.

This will be the start of what I hope is a great partnership between Toronto Roller Derby and True North Climbing, as we help promote and support each other's business. If you haven't yet had an opportunity to come check out the Downsview Park Sports Centre, this is a good reason to do so. The event is expected to sell out, so get your tickets now! Now I just need to decide whether I'm cheering for the Gore-Gore Rollergirls or the underdog Smoke City Betties!

No comments:

Post a Comment