Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I am very excited about this project, but this month has been the toughest part so far, because I have needed to wait for a bunch of things to happen. The loan has been fully approved, but it took a little longer than I had expected. And the money isn't actually available to spend until I have a lease signed. I am working through what I think are the late stages of negotiating the lease, but it's 43 pages long and pretty complex. The site survey was done last week, and it took a few days for those measurements to find their way into CAD drawings. There are no bad guys here, just a lot of things that need to be done, and usually in a certain order, and of course I am eager to jump in and get started building the joint. It's frustrating because I am actually mostly idle until the lease gets signed, and we start building stuff. So this is my theme song for this phase of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment